Home Agent Terms
Effective from 1 June 2018
Please read the Terms set out below. These Terms form the agreement between you and us, NatWest. By using the Home Agent website you agree to the Terms.
Please be aware that any information you share with third parties through the Home Agent website will be subject to their own privacy policies.
NatWest takes no responsibility for any information that you save or share using the Home Agent website.
- 1.1. The Home Agent website is brought to you by National Westminster Bank Plc (“NatWest”) and Zoopla Property Group Limited (“Zoopla”).
- 1.2. References in these Terms to “we”, “us” and “our” means NatWest and “you” and “your” means the person using the Home Agent website.
2. ELIGIBILITY & USE
- 2.1. You must be aged 18 or over to use the Home Agent.
- 2.2. You are responsible for ensuring that your device is capable of operating the Home Agent website (which may be updated from time to time). We can’t guarantee that the Home Agent website will continue to be supported by the operating system used by your device.
3. THE HOME AGENT WEBSITE
3.1. Functionality & features
- a) The Home Agent website is a property search and information service, which gives you access to property information and moving services, as well as mortgage product information and mortgage calculator applications.
- b) The Home Agent website includes information and services provided by third parties, including property information provided by Zoopla (a property website and our relationship partner). This is provided for information purposes only and is separate to our standard mortgage application process. NatWest takes no responsibility for the content on the service pages provided by these third parties, nor does it give any warranty as to their accuracy.
- c) The property values supplied on the Home Agent website are supplied by Zoopla and powered by Hometrack. The values are estimates only and you should not rely on them. NatWest will not use these values when determining lending eligibility. We recommend that you seek independent professional advice regarding property valuations and surveys.
- d) The properties displayed on the Home Agent website are not necessarily suitable security for a mortgage with NatWest or with any other lender. Acceptability of a property as security for a NatWest mortgage will be subject to our credit criteria at the time of application.
- e) All interest rates and repayment amounts displayed on the Home Agent website are for illustration purposes only. The actual rates payable at the time of application and repayment amounts may differ from those displayed, and your mortgage application may be declined if you do not meet NatWest’s credit criteria at the time of application.
3.2. Mortgage product information
- a) Any rates or information about NatWest mortgage products which are displayed on the Home Agent website are indicative only and are not a formal quotation or commitment to lend. NatWest is not providing you with any advice or recommendations through the provision of the Home Agent website.
- b) We do not receive or use any of the information which you save on the Home Agent website to make any lending decisions or to assess affordability for your mortgage. Your final affordability outcome in our standard mortgage application process may be different to the outcome produced on the Home Agent website.
3.3. Accessing other websites from the Home Agent website
- b) We assume no responsibility for the content of Zoopla and other third party websites. Links to these external websites on the Home Agent website should not be interpreted as endorsement by us of those websites.
- c) If you access an external website from the Home Agent website, you will be logged out of the Home Agent website.
4. COOKIES & SIMILAR TECHNOLOGY
5. CHARGES & COMMISSION
- 5.1. We don’t currently charge you for use of the Home Agent website. However, your mobile phone network operator may charge you when using the Home Agent website and these charges may vary if you use your mobile phone to access the Home Agent website when abroad or if you use an i-Pad on either a tethered connection or using the SIM in the i- Pad.
- 5.2. Where a charge is introduced for any new or existing services, you will be clearly informed and your consent will be obtained before charging you for these services.
- 5.3. If you access and/or use third party services through the Home Agent website, we may receive a commision from the third party service provider(s).
6. SUPPORT AND COMPLAINTS
- If you have any queries or complaints in relation to the use of the Home Agent website, please refer to NatWest Complaints which can be accessed from every page of the Home Agent website.
7.1. We will not be liable to you for any losses you suffer or costs you incur in connection with:
- a) your use, or inability to use, the Home Agent website for any reason;
- b) your device or operating system failing to support the operation of the Home Agent website in any way, either fully or partially;
- c) your failure to receive a notification from the Home Agent website when expected or in a timely manner;
- d) you sharing your information with Zoopla and/or other third parties using the Home Agent website;
- e) the failure of the Home Agent website to provide a service caused by any third party service providers, including software providers and mobile operators;
- f) your reliance on indicative information provided on the Home Agent website via Zoopla and other third parties, including valuation information, to your detriment and despite our recommendation that you seek independent professional advice; and/or
- g) your reliance on any indicative mortgage product information provided via the Home Agent website to your detriment.
7.2. We will not be liable to refund you for any other losses caused by circumstances beyond our control (i.e. the situation was abnormal or unforeseeable), for example, due to extreme weather, terrorist activity or industrial action.
8. CHANGES TO THE TERMS
- If we have a valid reason for doing so, we may change these Terms. Any changes will be posted on the Home Agent website. We’ll assume that you’ve accepted the changes unless you cease using the Home Agent website.
- 9.1. You can deactivate your Zoopla account on the Home Agent website via the ‘My Account’ pages when logged in.
9.2. We may suspend, withdraw or restrict the use of the Home Agent website or any part of it where:
- a) we reasonably suspect that your security details haven’t been kept secret;
- b) we reasonably suspect that your security details have been used fraudulently or without your permission; and/or
- c) we believe it is appropriate in order to protect your Home Agent account We’ll tell you before taking any of these steps and we’ll explain why we’ve done so, unless we’re unable to contact you or there’s a legal reason or other circumstance beyond our control that stops us from doing so. If we can’t get hold of you beforehand, we’ll (where possible) tell you and explain our reasons afterwards.
- 4. We and/or Zoopla can also terminate the Home Agent website. In this event you can still access your account or services via Zoopla.co.uk or other 3rd party service providers’ websites directly.
10. GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION
- If you live in Scotland, Scots law applies and the Scottish courts have non-exclusive jurisdiction over any disputes between us. If you live elsewhere, English law applies and the English courts have non-exclusive jurisdiction over any disputes between us.
National Westminster Bank Plc. Registered in England and Wales (Registered Number 929027), Registered Office:135 Bishopsgate, London EC2M 3UR. Authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. NatWest is entered on the Financial Services Register and its Register number is 121878. The Financial Services Register can be accessed at www.fca.org.uk/register.